Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Abandoned Fung Lum Restaurant, Universal Citywalk, Hollywood, Ca

           Opened in 1982 and closed 1998 Fung Lum Restaurant, Universal Citywalk, Hollywood, Ca is a shadow of a magnificent past in Hollywood. This restaurant was considered 5 star at the time of its glory! The building is now closed and derelict, and has been recently used for filming Balls of Fury (set in a Chinese restaurant). 222 Universal Terrace Pky. Universal City, CA). I have investigated the property from the exterior, and it's actually quite spooky.


Right here, I was shooting video and audio on my Nikon D7000 with external microphone. I captured a "Class A EVP" of a spooky laugh which I heard at the time, I left shortly after hearing it. In addition, the front door rattled once while before I started recording.

10 comments:

  1. Nice photos! Is it still there? Trying to find it on Google earth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it's still there... It looks exactly the same... It's quite an amazing place.

      Delete
    2. And thank you for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  2. This makes me wistful. I'd totally forgotten about that restaurant. I'm pretty sure I went there for a banquet with my high school drama class to celebrate the success of our annual school play. I'm surprised my memory of the place isn't more vivid, but hey, it was 1987... ye olden days. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm stoked to hear that! I love this building. My parents would always take us here after going to Universal Studios for the day. Bummer its not around anymore. Definitely Ye Olden Days

      Delete
  3. I’ve been trying to remember the name of the place that was up there next to it. I remembered Fung Lum but not the other. I think it was a western motif. It was early to mid 80’s. Do you remember it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a Tony Roma’s up there at one time too!

      Delete
  4. Individuals that return to an eatery do as such in light of the fact that there was something they preferred about their first visit. On the off chance that they don't get what they like on the second visit, there won't not be a third visit. elixir great barrington

    ReplyDelete
  5. Went there several times. Was quite elegant and tastefully designed! Too bad it was torn down to be replaced by a bland structure

    ReplyDelete
  6. Building gone now. Parking for universal studios hollywood Nov 2019

    ReplyDelete